As backup as a service (BaaS) provider, we inherently have a high level of data security.
Keeping our customer data secure is paramount.
BackupSheep deploys the best-in-class security
We use industry norms to ensure data security at every step of the backup process.
Access to sensitive customer data and production systems is restricted using 2FA, geo-location and VPN.
Up to date technology Python/Django stack with continuous monitoring for vulnerabilities.
Our team does development, dev-ops, monitoring and customer support in-house. We don't outsource anything.
Minimum Data Policy
Bare minimum user data is stored on our servers to execute backups. The information is destroyed immediately after backup.
Encryption for Data & Keys
We use the Python cryptography package for Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption used throughout our application.
Industry-standard OAuth 2.0
We use OAuth 2.0 for authorizing user cloud hosting and storage accounts when available.
BackupSheep only accesses user data and storage accounts from published static IPs when executing backups. View Our IPs
Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- Where is BackupSheep registered?
- BackupSheep Inc. is a registered Canadian corporation. Since the pandemic, we have worked from our home office in Ancaster, Ontario, Canada.
- How old is BackupSheep?
- BackupSheep has been in business since mid-2017. Initially, we launched with just DigitalOcean support :) This is our first post https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tools/backupsheep
- How many team members we have?
- We are a small team(just two people). Our team is passionate about developing SaaS applications and has experience developing SaaS applications for small businesses and startups.